June 2018 Update: With Cisco's acquisition of Broadsoft, which included "Team-One", Cisco Spark and Team-One will be phased out in Q4 2018.
Cisco's new and enhanced version of both products is called Cisco Webex Teams. Webex Teams is an app for continuous teamwork with video meetings, group messaging, file sharing and white boarding.
Compare Key Features for Team-One, Cisco Spark, WebEx Teams, Slack, MSFT Teams, Workplace, Glip
Additional Features and Differentiators
Compare Pricing for Team-One, Cisco Spark, WebEx Teams, Slack, MSFT Teams, Workplace, Glip
Notations from the above charts are explained below:
WebEx Teams (Formerly Team-One):
- Team-One offers the ability to place and connect a call from a Team-One Workspace to any telephone number using the PSTN
- "Live Meetings" - Up to 15 participants in paid accounts.
- Freemium LIMITS: 10 apps or integrations, 10 K messages, 5 GB storage, Basic and Pro versions. Plus Enterprise Grid.
- Offers File Sharing via OneDrive only. One-on-One file shares limited to chat stream only.
- Guest Access - Limited to users w/ Azure AD or Office 365 work or school account - Complicated & varied scenarios for Guest User.
- 09/25/17 blog: “Teams will surface relevant documents and rich information about the participants” PSTN Calling for $24 PUPM with their highest end O365 package Enterprise 5 O365 Business Premium and Business Essentials include “Teams”. E5 PACKAGE offers PSTN Calling for an additional $24 PUPM. Total price range is $5 (no calling) to $59 E5 with Calling.
- "Live Meetings" Video chats and live video broadcasting for one-to-one dialogues only. Screen sharing new in 2017
- "File Sharing" One-on-One file shares limited to chat stream only.
- "Guest Access" - Requires Workplace account
- "No tes" Posts, different from chats, may serve as the equivalent of Notes
- Live Meetings - Free account has 500 total minutes of video chat.
- Free bundled version comes with unlimited posts, storage, integrations and guests but LIMITS 500 minutes for the entire company. Plans start at $5/ user/ month or $50 per year for 1 ,000 minutes of video calls